Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More finishes.

 I'm starting some holiday buckets similar to what I've seen in the magazines.  This is for my Spring/Easter which is the first one I have started.

Some pieces like this will be purchased designs, this was a card kit my MIL got me several years ago.  Others like a bargello egg I will be designing myself.




This is part of Countdown to Christmas Club done for Fireside Stitchery by Kathy Shenkel.  Eleven more to go plus a replacement for one day that I've done but can't find.

I finished this using my own method rather than that suggested by Kathy Shenkel as I wanted a slimmer piece.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make your own bucket! I never had this original thought:) I always thought you had to buy their canvases. Not always the sharpest needle in the needle case:) I like your idea because it gives you something to do with the cute egg ornaments or the shamrock. Are you going to have a neutral painted bucket that you can use for several holidays or are you going to have a seperate bucket for each holiday?

    ReplyDelete