Saturday, April 7, 2012

Back from Williamsburg, VA

This was our third visit to Williamsburg.  There is something about the history and beauty that just keep drawing me back.

As always we go for Spring break but this time we hit the beauty motherloade.  The flowers and trees were amazing.

Driving around the area was just a picture with cherry blossom and dogwood trees.
 Here are my two girls in the gardens at Williamsburg.  I first made these dresses two years ago so I had to lengthen them.  Also a certain little lady wanted a bit of fuss on hers now so I added some lace around the neckline to match her sister's.  Don't you just love the Colonial foot wear?
 Tulips, bluebells anemone etc just my idea of perfection.  I will have to work on the bulbs in my own garden.
 Might just have to use this one as a Christmas card I love the setting with the little cottage to the rear.

 Some of these pictures may have to find a place on the walls of my house.

 The beach at Jamestown on a cool day.
 I will build a sandcastle!
 This was at Busch gardens and is just right for these two criminals!
 This was part of an amazing playground near the condos that we stay in.
 Oh and I did find time to finish the third block of my Sue Spargo BOM
 Checkout the woven picots, I just love the look for the center of the flower and even more of Sue's beloved bullions.
It is cool how a simple backstitch can make such a difference to a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment