Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween costumes


Very proud to say that despite only being in our new home a little more than a week I was able to set aside a day to make my girls their requested costumes.

Amanda wanted to be a fairy, so with her love of texture I made the bodice out of velvet and the skirt is lined in purple satin and with an over skirt of over dyed sheer with a squabble of course.  Then a set of over sized wings at a bargain price of $5 made for a happy young girl.


Don't you just love the socks!

Then Fiona wanted to be a woodland pixie.  I was firmly told that pixie don't have wings!  For this I used a dress she already owns that is a red mesh with an underlay of metallic purple.  I made the skirt as a separate item with a sparkly green sheer.  Then purchased two autumn floral pieces that I deconstructed and sewed onto the skirt, dress and a hair comb to give the woodland effect.

As luck would have it when Filna came home from school she told me that one of the local elementaries was having a Halloween Faire that evening so timing was perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment